Will the Uber Left Prevent Trump from Becoming President?
The uber left appears to be working overtime to block Trump from becoming the 45th President of the United States of America.
- First, there were protests, some of which have turned into riots and violence.
- Second, there were criticisms of Trump’s choices for presidential appointments. They were too conservative. Plus, they said his transition was in chaos, something that was not true.
- Third, Trump presidential electors were targeted for threats and intimidation, some threats even going as far as death threats.
- Fourth, Jill Stein decided to raise money to fund election recounts in three key States – Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania with 10, 16, and 20 Electoral Votes respectively, despite Trump wins in each of these States.
- According to a news source, Trump won Pennsylvania by about 68,000 popular votes, Wisconsin by 22,500, and Michigan by about 10,700.
- Fifth, despite Clinton’s personal concession to Trump, despite her national concession speech, and despite any clear evidence of significant voter fraud that favored Trump, the Clinton campaign has decided to join Jill Stein in her attempt to recount votes.
- Sixth, a recent attempt by the Old Mainstream Media and others to push the Fake News Narrative and the Russian Involvement Narrative. Both narratives appear to be very lame attempts to throw doubts on the results of the presidential election.
Will protests, riots, violence, threats and intimidation to presidential electors, and recounts in key States prevent Trump from becoming president? Will conspiracy narratives gain enough traction to hand the election over to Clinton? Will Clinton accept a Trump victory? Let’s discuss these questions now …
Will Clinton Accept a Trump Victory?
That’s the question I asked on November 6, 2016, just two days before Election Day. I correctly forecast that Trump would win and I correctly anticipated that Clinton might not accept Trump’s victory. That’s ironic given the Clinton campaign had chided Trump about his accepting her victory back when the polls and the media thought she would coast to an easy victory. Of course, the polls and the media were wrong.
I believe that ultimately there is no basis in reality for overturning Trump’s victory. Clinton will accept Trump’s victory.
What is the Purpose of the Recount Effort?
- Some are suggesting that Jill Stein is pushing for recounts in key States to raise money for her future political efforts. That doesn’t make sense because the uber left is well funded by a handful of uber left billionaires.
- Some are suggesting that the recounts are an attempt to stop Trump from getting the necessary 270 Electoral Votes needed to become president. If all three potential recount States are delayed from naming their presidential elector slates by the December 13th deadline, no candidate would get the 270 Electoral Votes needed, thereby throwing the election into the House where Trump is expected to win. After all, it’s a Republican House.
- The most likely explanation is simply that this is one last desperate attempt to deny Trump the Oval Office. Of course, it is likely to fail.
What Happens if No Candidate Gets 270 Electoral Votes on December 19th?
- If no presidential candidate receives the necessary 270 Electoral Votes on December 19th, the Electoral Votes still go to Congress to be opened and officially counted on January 3rd by the newly elected and sworn in Congress.
- The President of the Senate in front of a joint session of Congress shall open and count all Electoral received from the States on January 3rd.
- If no candidate has the 270 Electoral Votes after the official count, the House selects from among the top 3 candidates that have the most Electoral Votes.
- Voting is done by State delegations.
- Each State gets one vote.
- A quorum is one or more House members from at least two-thirds of the States. There must be at least one House member from each of 34 States for a quorum.
- The winning candidate must receive at least a majority of State votes (25 States +1).
- Balloting continues until a president is selected or until January 20th at 12 noon ET.
- If no president has been selected, the (newly elected) vice president becomes president.
- Note that the VP is selected by the Senate in a somewhat similar manner, if no vice presidential candidate receives 270 Electoral Votes.
- Note: Article 2 Section 1 of the Constitution and the 12th Amendment provide the legal basis for electing a president and vice president.
- In the new Congress elected on November 8, 2016, there are 32 State delegations in the House that are comprised of a majority of Republicans, 17 State delegations that are Democratic delegations, and one that is a tie. The delegation from the State of Maine consists of one Republican member and one Democratic member, resulting in 1-1 tie. Presumably, if the presidential election goes to the House, Maine would not vote for president.
Bottom Line – Will the Uber Left Prevent Trump from Becoming President?
No! All of the efforts of the uber left are weak and are a desperate last minute attempt to cling to power. Trump will officially become the 45th President of the United States of America on January 20, 2017 at 12 noon Eastern Time. A new American Constitutional Era, the Conservative Era, will then begin. For more information on American Constitutional Eras and the new Conservative Era, please read my book Great News for America.
For More Information on This Year’s Presidential Election and the Presidential Transition
Please read my book Great News for America. In it, I correctly predicted 2016 would be an historic and critical presidential election that would usher in a new American Constitutional Era, the Conservative Era. All together, I made ten surprising predictions most of which have already come true or will probably come true. In it, I also discuss the Presidential Transition and what the new president will likely do after the Inauguration.
It’s available in a print edition from Amazon and other book sellers. It’s also available on Kindle and other e-book devices.