Pledge of Freedom – Introduction
Pledge of Freedom. In recent years, many Americans have been frustrated voting for political candidates that campaign as conservatives and later, govern as something other than as conservatives. The Pledge of Freedom might help to eliminate the problem of political bait-and-switch by providing an accountability mechanism to voters. If a political candidate signs the Pledge of Freedom but does not live up to the Pledge of Freedom made to voters, voters can be expected to elect another candidate in the next election.
Americans should ask political candidates to sign the Pledge of Freedom at the beginning of each political campaign cycle. Political candidates themselves should voluntarily and gladly sign the Pledge of Freedom at the start of each political campaign cycle in which they participate as a candidate. They should also challenge their opponents to sign the Pledge of Freedom as well.
Here is a link to a Printable Version of the Pledge of Freedom .
Pledge of Freedom
I, _________________________________ (print legal name), am a resident of the City or Town of _____________________ in the County of _______________________ in the State of _____________________ , who is running for _______________________ (print political office sought, such as President, U. S. Senator, U. S. House, Governor, State Senator, State House Representative, Mayor, etc.). If applicable, the District I seek to represent is ___________________________________ (print U. S. Congressional District #, State Senate District #, State House District #, etc.). I am running for the _____________ (print primary, general, or special) election to be held on ____________ (print date).
I hereby openly and voluntarily declare and pledge: (1) to all the voters in the upcoming election for the office I seek, (2) to all of my potential future constituents, and (3) to all citizens that if I am elected to the above office, I will to the best of my ability, honor and keep all the following commitments:
1. I pledge to faithfully execute all the duties of my office;
2. I pledge to promote, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States;
3. I pledge to promote, protect and defend Equal Justice under the Rule of Law;
4. I pledge to promote, protect and defend Freedom and its 25 Essential Components;
5. I pledge to promote, protect and defend Peace, Prosperity, and Compassion.
I hereby openly and voluntarily declare and pledge: (1) to all the voters in the upcoming election for the office I seek, (2) to all of my potential future constituents, and (3) to all citizens that if I am elected to the above office and if I fail to honor and keep all the above commitments:
1. I pledge to resign from the above office within 30 days of breaking any one or more of the above commitments (if the violations of the commitments are major, flagrant, substantial, and obvious);
2. I pledge to finish out my term of office and not to run again for this office (if the violations of the commitments are minor in nature);
3. If the violations of the commitments are major or minor, and if I choose to run again for this office, further violating this Pledge of Freedom, I expect voters to elect someone else in that election.
I plan to publicly announce that I have signed this Pledge of Freedom. Furthermore, I plan to prominently display this Pledge of Freedom on my political campaign’s website and mention it in my political campaign literature.
________________________________________(signature and print date)
Political Candidate Date
Subscribed and affirmed, or sworn to before me in the County of
________________________________ , State of _____________ ,
this ____ day of __________________ (print month and year),
by the Political Candidate.
My Commission Expires: ________________ (print date)
Place Notary Public Seal Above
Copyright © 2014 by Gerard Francis Lameiro, Ph.D. Originally published in the book: Renewing America and Its Heritage of Freedom: What Freedom-Loving Americans Can Do to Help by Gerard Francis Lameiro, Ph.D. Permission is hereby granted by the author to print out and to copy this Pledge of Freedom form in its entirety, and without any additions, deletions, modifications, or changes whatsoever, and provided this entire copyright and permission notice is included in each and every copy as it appears on this form.