How Extensive was the Mueller Report Investigation?
The Mueller Report is finally complete. It took nearly two years of investigation at a cost that might hit $35 Million, when all totaled up. It included:
- About 19 Lawyers
- About 40 FBI Agents, Intelligence Analysts, and Other Professional Staff
- About 2,800 Subpoenas were issued
- About 500 Witnesses were interviewed
- About 500 Search Warrants were executed, and
- About 13 Requests were made to foreign governments for evidence
It’s probably fair to say that the Mueller legal team put together to investigate the Trump campaign had a track record that favored Hillary Clinton and not President Trump.
What was the Stated Objective of the Mueller Report Investigation?
The purpose of the Mueller Report team was to investigate potential Russian interference in our 2016 presidential election.
What was the Main Result of this Investigation?
According to Attorney General Barr’s letter to Congressional leaders after the Mueller Report was issued:
“[T]he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”
What about Obstruction of Justice?
The Mueller Report considered the idea that President Trump might have obstructed justice. This topic was discussed in public for months. The Mueller Report stated:
“while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”
The Mueller Report left it up to the Attorney General to make that determination.
No Obstruction of Justice: Given the fact that no underlying crime took place, the AG decided that no obstruction of justice could have taken place either.
What is the Next Shock We Can Expect after the Mueller Report?
There is a growing chorus of conservatives, columnists, and politicians that are demanding that a new investigation be launched to consider these questions:
- Who was responsible for launching the two year long investigation and attacks on a sitting president that were apparently bogus and fake?
- Specifically, why did James Comey open the original 2016 FBI probe?
- Did everything go back to the never corroborated Trump dossier that the Clinton campaign and the DNC paid for?
- Who is responsible for the FISA warrants? Was critical information withheld from the FISA courts?
- Why did a Special Counsel get appointed given the lack of information of a crime?
- Were the efforts to exonerate Clinton in 2016 and investigate Trump in 2016 an attempt by top DOJ and FBI people to impact the 2016 election results?
- Was the Mueller investigation actually an attempt to cover up other misdeeds or crimes?
Next Shock: Expect a new special counsel to be appointed by Attorney General Barr in the next two months to investigate the other side of the 2016 election campaign and all the questionable activities that are now known to have occurred.