What is FISA? What is the FISA Memo Release?
The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) of 1978 created the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court to handle requests by government agencies to perform covert surveillance activities of foreign powers related to national security. Simply put, FISA was designed to allow the government to secretly spy on foreign powers when it was in the national interest. The keys to using FISA warrants were: (1) had to deal with national security; (2) used when secrecy was required, and (3) spying was on foreign powers with any spying on Americans avoided or minimized or protected. If any American’s identity needs to be disclosed during the investigation (to understand the context of the intelligence, for example), the required process is called “unmasking.”
The House Intelligence Committee under Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes summarized the evidence they have collected on the potential abuse of FISA by the FBI to spy on the Trump presidential campaign in a 4-page memo called the “FISA Memo.” It is also refers to backup evidence to support the memo’s conclusions. Apparently, the FISA Memo makes specific charges and names specific names for people involved in the questionable activities. Currently, it is classified as Top Secret.
On Monday, the House Intelligence Committee voted to release the FISA Memo. It will be up to President Trump to approve or disapprove the release of the FISA Memo to the general public.
What is the Potential Significance of the FISA Memo?
Apparently, the evidence gathered by the House Intelligence Committee and contained in the FISA Memo indicates there were activities related to FISA done by the FBI to influence the 2016 presidential election.
In addition, it appears that the Trump campaign might have illegally been under surveillance and that a large number of Americans were “unmasked” as part of FISA warrant(s).
Plus, the FISA warrant(s) might have been issued based on the Trump Dossier, an apparent campaign smear document paid for by the Clinton campaign and the DNC for about $9 Million. Money went to Perkins Coie (a law firm), then to Fusion GPS (an opposition research firm), then Christopher Steele (a former MI-6 Russian spy).
Also, the Associate Deputy Attorney General, Bruce Ohr, did not report his meetings with Fusion GPS and Christopher Steele. Note that Bruce Ohr’s wife, Nellie Ohr, worked for Fusion GPS on the Trump Dossier.
Furthermore, there seems to be evidence that the higher echelons of the FBI decided to exonerate Clinton from various activities she participated in, such as:
- Use of private server(s) to conduct government business
- Gross negligence with regard to handling confidential, Top Secret, and Top Secret SAP documents
- Deletion of emails that were under subpoena
- Pay-to-Play arrangements when Clinton was Secretary of State, w/ beneficiary the Clinton Foundation and/or Bill Clinton’s speaking fees
- Missing State Department emails when Clinton left State Department
Separately, Peter Strzok and Lisa Page texts provide further negative data:
- “secret society”
- “insurance policy” in case Trump wins
- discussed deleting messages
- also were using private services for government records (like Clinton)
- seemed to indicate Clinton would be exonerated long before actual exoneration took place
Will the FISA Memo Release Shock Americans?
If you believe what many members of the House have said after reading the FISA Memo, Americans will likely be shocked.
It’s possible that this might prove to be the biggest American political scandal in America’s 240 + year history. It might become the first time a group of government insiders tried to influence a presidential election.
If this is a Big Scandal, Will Everyone Get a Pass and Go Free?
I don’t think so. If allegations turn out true and crimes have been committed, then I think some people will face indictments and possible fines and/or jail time. As an example, violations of the FISA act can come with fines and jail time. President Trump is a strong believer in the Rule of Law for all citizens. He made a campaign pledge to “drain the swamp.” He will likely pursue large scale corruption as the FISA Memo might indicate.
Excitement Continues to Build for “More Great News for America”
A new book “More Great News for America” by Dr. Lameiro on polling, political forecasts, the upcoming Congressional elections, and key political issues and developments is coming soon! Importantly, Dr. Lameiro’s new book will answer the questions:
- Why were the 2016 presidential election polls so wrong and misleading?
- Why were Dr. Lameiro’s presidential election models, trends, predictions, and forecasts so accurate?
- What will happen to American political parties in the next few years?
- What will happen with the important political issues we face today?
- What will happen in the upcoming Congressional elections?
- What is the current early forecast for the 2020 presidential election?
History is taking place right before our eyes. Get a front row seat by reading “More Great News for America.”
Coming soon! It looks like the new book will be out around Washington’s birthday. It will feature eight bold and powerful, new predictions and a lot of important political insights.