Is President-Elect Trump’s Transition Off to a Great Start?
If you listen to the Old Mainstream Media (OMSM) you might not realize that Trump’s transition is off to a phenomenal start. The reality is that Trump’s transition team is firing on all cylinders. Trump is reaching out not only to his close supporters that helped him to win the election, but also to his harshest critics like Mitt Romney. Trump is communicating across the board, even to the Old Mainstream Media according to news reports.
How is Trump Handling the Biased and Dishonest Old Mainstream Media?
Trump let top media executives and network anchors know this week that he wasn’t happy with their biased stories and outright lies. In a face-to-face meeting, Trump directly set expectations that they need to boost their performance. He did this rather than roll over and accept their continued terrible treatment. Trump, like other top executives, share their vision of high performance with those they work with. Trump is a real CEO and a real leader. The Old Mainstream Media is just catching on that they can’t push him around the way they pushed George W. Bush and Mitt Romney around.
How is Trump Selecting Top Team Members?
Trump is brilliant when it comes to picking the right person for the right job. As a top CEO, he knows how to bring out the best in people. Consider the three types of people an organization needs:
- Thinkers (also called Strategists and Problem Solvers)
- Managers (including a Chief of Staff and a Communications Manager)
In the Trump administration, Trump is the Leader. He is supplying the vision, the direction, and the goals for the nation. The American people rejected Obama’s record and Clinton’s “More of the Same” campaign. The American electorate gave Trump a mandate for major change and for a new direction for the country. Trump plans to follow through with his mandate and an entirely new set of policies that are completely different from the Obama and Clinton socialist agenda that failed across the board.
Trump selected an outstanding conservative Political Strategist in Steve Bannon. He’s a great person to keep the Trump administration on track politically. He also will oversee the many political battles the left will use to attempt to attempt to block Trump. He’s a sharp Strategist familiar with winning battles. He is a former naval officer who likes to recall military leaders and philosophers. He sees the big strategy picture.
Then, Trump wisely selected a premier manager and organizer in Reince Priebus to be his Chief of Staff. Priebus was a master of registering new Republican voters and successfully Getting Out The Vote (GOTV) activities. While technically part of the Establishment Republican Party, he gracefully pivoted and supported Trump during the campaign. He will defer to Trump’s leadership, vision, goals, and policies. Priebus will be the organizer and manager at The White House.
What are Some Other Examples of Trump’s Transition Effectiveness?
- For Attorney General, Trump is nominating Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions. He is tough on enforcing the laws, touch on immigration issues, and has signaled be might take on sanctuary cities and their reluctance to enforce the laws.
- For Director of the CIA, Trump is nominating Kansas Rep. Mike Pompeo. Pompeo is a solid conservative and a strong critic of Obama and his awful Iran nuclear agreement that was never put to the test as a treaty in the Senate. Pompeo is a graduate of both West Point and Harvard Law School.
- For National Security Adviser, Trump appointed Retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn. The National Security Adviser position does not require Senate Confirmation. Flynn is the former Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA).
All of these choices are top tier, conservative appointees that will help Trump achieve his campaign promises.
More Presidential Appointment Decisions – Added on Wednesday, November 23, 2016
- For U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, Trump is appointing South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley. She is the daughter of Indian immigrants and is a smart leader and great deal maker. She is Trump’s first cabinet level appointment that is a woman.
- For Secretary of Education, Trump is appointing Betsy DeVos from Michigan. Betsy DeVos is head of the American Federation for Children and she supports both charter schools and school vouchers. Her husband, Dick DeVos, is the heir to the Amway fortune. This appointment might signal Trump’s intention to re-direct large sums of education dollars from school districts to low income parents for use in public, private, for profit, religious, and virtual schools. Recall Trump’s $20B school voucher plan from his campaign.
For More Information on This Year’s Presidential Election and the Presidential Transition
Please read my book Great News for America. In it, I correctly predicted 2016 would be an historic and critical presidential election that would usher in a new American Constitutional Era, the Conservative Era. All together, I made ten surprising predictions most of which have already come true or will probably come true. In it, I also discuss the Presidential Transition and what the new president will likely do after the Inauguration.
It’s available in a print edition from Amazon and other book sellers. It’s also available on Kindle and other e-book devices.