Who’s Ahead in the On-Going Battle between Trump and the Establishment?
In the on-going battle between Trump and the Establishment, if you missed the tweet storm between President Trump and soon to retire Senator Bob Corker from Tennessee, you missed one of the opening battles of the 2018 Congressional elections. Here’s some of those comments and tweets:
Sen. Corker on Trump:
- “It’s a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.”
- “I know for a fact that every single day at the White House, it’s a situation of trying to contain him,”
- “I know he has hurt, in several instances, he’s hurt us as it relates to negotiations that were underway by tweeting things out,”
President Trump on Sen. Corker:
- “Senator Bob Corker “begged” me to endorse him for re-election in Tennessee. I said “NO” and he dropped out (said he could not win without…”
- “..my endorsement). He also wanted to be Secretary of State, I said “NO THANKS.” He is also largely responsible for the horrendous Iran Deal!”
- “…Hence, I would fully expect Corker to be a negative voice and stand in the way of our great agenda. Didn’t have the guts to run!”
There’s no question. President Trump and Sen. Corker’s exchange shed light on the bigger battle between Trump and the Establishment in both parties.
What’s the Significance for Trump’s Agenda?
It looks increasing unlikely that the Establishment in either party (and both parties combined) will pass Trump’s agenda. There do not appear enough votes to pass these key legislative items:
- Repeal and Replace Obamacare
- Tax Reform (with or without Significant Pro-Economic Growth Plans)
- 70 Point Immigration Enforcement Plan (including Building the Border Wall)
Chances are the Trump agenda that requires Congressional legislation will remain essentially unfulfilled.
It appears clear that the Democrat Party Establishment is solidly opposed to any of Trump’s conservative and populist legislative positions. Many Establishment Republicans fall into the same category, even in those cases where they campaigned to support policies that largely resembled Trump’s positions.
What’s Going to Happen in the 2018 Congressional Elections?
Expect Conservative Republicans to run primary campaigns against Establishment Republicans. Expect many conservatives to win.
- Conservative Roy Moore has already defeated incumbent Sen. Luther Strange in the Alabama Republican Primary
- Expect Kelli Ward to beat Sen. Jeff Flake in the Arizona Republican Primary
- Expect Conservative U. S. Rep. Martha Blackburn to replace retiring Sen. Bob Corker from Tennesee
- Expect many more Conservatives to take on Establishment Republicans as well
Coming in January 2018 – “More Great News for America”
A new book “More Great News for America” by Dr. Lameiro on President Trump, the Trump agenda, the 2018 Congressional elections, and key political developments in 2018 and 2019 is coming soon! Watch for more information.