Republican National Convention – Themes, Speakers, Building a Landslide Victory
After months of campaigning, after going from 17 candidates to one presumed nominee, after countless debates and numerous hours of discussion, the Republican National Convention takes place this week in Cleveland, OH. Ohio, always a pivotal Presidential Electoral College State, was likely selected to be the convention site to bolster the chances of the Republican Party carrying Ohio in the General Election. Let’s look at some potential highlights now …
Republican National Convention – Four Key Themes
To help organize messaging, each of the four days during the convention has a key theme. They are:
- Monday – Make America Safe Again
- Tuesday – Make America Work Again
- Wednesday – Make America First Again
- Thursday – Make America One Again
Together, they support and are the foundation for Trumps’ overall “Make America Great Again” campaign message.
Republican National Convention – Key Speakers
Look to these speakers for indications of the future of the Republican Party:
- U. S. Senate Candidate (from the State of Colorado) Darryl Glenn – He delivered a powerful speech at the Colorado Republican State Convention this year. Will he help convince Black Americans to become Republicans?
- Texas Senator Ted Cruz – Will likely present his vision for the future of the Republican Party. Is he giving the opening speech for a 2020 presidential campaign?
- Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich – Will he deliver a State of the Union Address, accurately assessing where America stands in the world today?
- Presidential Nominee Donald Trump – Will he unify the party and kick off the most historic and critical presidential general election season since 1896?
Republican National Convention and the Dominant Issue of the 2016 Presidential Election
Unless events in America or around the world change dramatically between now and November, the Dominant Issue will be Peace. During this historic and critical presidential election, the peace issue deals with global terrorism (around the world and in America itself) including illegal immigration, as well as law and order at home.
Recall from my Ten Laws for Winning Presidential Elections (written over 20 years ago), the Dominant Issue of any presidential election is either Peace, Prosperity, or the Personality of the candidates. The latter Personality issue includes certain critical leadership traits. The four critical traits of leadership sought by the electorate in order are:
- Courage (including integrity and optimism),
- Caring, and
The Coming Conservative Landslide Victory and the New Conservative Era
The Dominant Issue of Peace (global terrorism, illegal immigration, law and order) will likely give the election to Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton. In addition, the two subordinate issues of Prosperity and Personality will add to Trump’s electoral success.
The Prosperity issue this years includes these facts:
- GDP growth of about only 1% or less
- 94 million Americans of working age who are not working
- Worst recovery from a recession in about 70 years
- Significant difficulty creating new businesses and new jobs
- Number of families who have not seen their incomes grow in years
- Dismal economic outlook for many (possibly most?) Americans
The Prosperity issue will add to Trump’s Presidential Electoral College votes.
The Personality issues favors Trump as well.
- Trump is viewed as strong and tough and able to deal effectively with fighting and defeating global terrorism
- Trump is viewed as better at commander-in-chief and rebuilding our military capabilitiies that have eroded under the current president
- Trump is seen as tough on law and order issues and better at supporting police around America
- Clinton is viewed skeptically in the area of integrity, especially since the FBI Director’s statement on the email/national security issues
Voter Momentum and Voter Intensity are moving toward a landslide election in November. Solid blue States appear to be in play this year; something many would have deemed impossible 12 months ago.
As I discuss in detail in my newest book Great News for America, I predict a new Conservative Era in America starting with this presidential election.
For More Information on This Year’s Presidential Election plus All of My Ten Surprising Predictions
Please read my new book Great News for America. In it, I make ten surprising predictions that will probably come true before, during, and after the 2016 presidential election. I also discuss the Core Principles of the New Conservative Era in Chapter 8. It’s available in a print edition from Amazon and other book sellers. It’s also available on Kindle and other e-book devices.