Do We Have a New Trump Party?
One of my ten predictions about the historic and critical 2016 presidential election is the end of the Republican Party has we know it. This prediction is coming true. It’s happening now right in front of us. We see a new Trump Party emerging. Let’s look at the transformation of the old Republican Party into the new Trump Party now …
- The Top of the Ticket – Donald Trump has just been nominated to be the head of the Republican Party, or at least what used to be called the Republican Party. He’s definitely not a member of the previous Republican Party establishment.
- The Name of the Party – Several times in the last few weeks, people have called the Republican Party a new name. It’s been called the Conservative Party. It’s been called the Trump Party. Regardless of the name we use for the party of Trump, it’s considerably different.
- The Appeal of the Party – For decades, the Republican Party was thought of as the party of business and corporations, while the Democratic Party was thought to appeal to labor. Donald Trump is the working person’s billionaire. He is directly appealing to worker’s.
- The Theme of the Party – The New Trump Party has a new theme, America First. It’s built on Trump’s campaign message, Make America Great Again, which resonated with Americans throughout the primary season. It’s really the idea of a new Nationalism vs. a failed Globalism based on big government socialism.
From Trump’s Acceptance Speech …
“The most important difference between our plan and that of our opponents, is that our plan will put America First. Americanism, not globalism, will be our credo. As long as we are led by politicians who will not put America First, then we can be assured that other nations will not treat America with respect. This will all change in 2017.”
“Every day I wake up determined to deliver for the people I have met all across this nation that have been neglected, ignored, and abandoned.”
“I AM YOUR VOICE.”
My pledge reads: “I’M WITH YOU – THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.”
[Note that the source for quotes is: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/full-transcript-donald-trump-nomination-acceptance-speech-at-rnc-225974#ixzz4FRN4AD1r .]
Will the New Trump Party Bring in a New Conservative Era?
America’s Founding Fathers built our nation on American Exceptionalism, the idea that our freedom comes from God and is protected by government. Our Constitution was the political framework for protecting that freedom.
The new Trump Party returns to the idea of American Exceptionalism. Government’s purpose is to protect Americans and to protect their freedom. The government’s purpose is not to micro-manage ever citizen’s life. For example, Trump plans to protect America from global terrorism. He also pledges to restore law and order in America. At the same time, he pledges to protect our freedom, such as the Second Amendment, the right to keep and bear arms. He also promises to eliminate the Johnson Amendment that limits Church participation in political debate.
In my book, Great News for America, I predict a new Constitutional Era for America called the Conservative Era. My book also details the previous seven Constitutional Eras throughout America’s 240 year history.
The new Trump Party, along with Donald Trump’s promised conservative Supreme Court picks, will likely bring in the new Conservative Era beginning on January 20th, 2017.
Starting the General Election Season with a 6% Post Convention Bounce
The Republican National Convention is over and the post-convention polls are starting to come in. The CNN/ORC poll shows that Trump received a bounce of 6% and currently has a 5 point lead over Clinton. Here are the results of that poll:
- Trump – 44%
- Clinton – 39%
- Johnson – 9% (Libertarian Party)
- Stein – 3% (Green Party)
For More Information on This Year’s Presidential Election plus All of My Ten Surprising Predictions
Please read my new book Great News for America. In it, I make ten surprising predictions that will probably come true before, during, and after the 2016 presidential election. I discuss the seven American Constitutional Eras in Chapter 1. Plus, I also discuss the Core Principles of the New Conservative Era in Chapter 8. It’s available in a print edition from Amazon and other book sellers. It’s also available on Kindle and other e-book devices.