Understanding the Roles of Some DOJ Players and FBI Players
With all the news stories about the Mueller investigation and related topics, it’s helpful to get an understanding of some key DOJ players and some key FBI players. Let’s look at some people in the news recently.
Bruce Ohr – Associate Deputy Attorney General + Director, Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces
Apparently, he was recently demoted from the Associate Deputy AG post. Why? It was reported that he had contacts with Fusion GPS Founder Glenn Simpson and former British spy Christopher Steele who were responsible for developing the so-called “Trump Dossier.”
Note that Bruce Ohr was Associate Deputy Attorney General during the Obama administration. He worked for Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates. She was fired by Trump when she defied the president’s initial travel ban executive order.
Recall that the Hillary Clinton campaign and the DNC spent about $9 Million to a law firm that hired Fusion GPS, that in turn hired Christopher Steele for the Trump Dossier.
Those connections trigger lots of questions. For example,
- What did the DOJ know during the 2016 presidential election campaign about the Trump Dossier?
- What did the DOJ or FBI or the Obama White House know about the Trump Dossier?
- Did any of them participate in the opposition research?
- Did any of them help fund the Trump Dossier?
- Was the Trump Dossier used to get FISA warrants to permit surveillance of the Trump Campaign?
Note that Attorney General Jeff Sessions on a Talk Radio program recently said that Bruce Ohr is being investigated for his possible ties to the Trump Dossier.
Nellie H. Ohr – Worked for Fusion GPS + Wife of Bruce Ohr
The House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence indicated to Fox News that Nellie Ohr was paid by Fusion GPS in the summer and fall of 2016.
The FBI received the Trump Dossier in July 2016 and later that month the FBI opened a counter-intelligence investigation on the potential for Trump campaign – Russian collusion.
Peter Strzok – Removed from the Mueller Investigation + Relationship with Lisa Page
Peter Strzok was removed from the Mueller investigation months ago. He reportedly had an affair with Lisa Page, who was also removed from the Mueller investigation. They both frequently sent anti-Trump, pro-Clinton text messages, apparently calling into question their ability to conduct an unbiased investigation.
It’s been reported that Peter Strzok:
- Was the #2 person in the Clinton email probe
- Participated in the actual Clinton FBI interview
- CNN reported that he changed James Comey’s document on Clinton’s email activities from “grossly negligent” to “extremely careless”
- Oversaw the Trump – Russian collusion probe in 2016
Robert Mueller – Special Counsel
- Interviewed with President Trump for the job of FBI Director that day before he became Special Counsel. That seems like interesting timing.
- Selected Peter Strzok as his top investigator
- Selected 8 Democratic donors for his investigation, 5 of them were Hillary Clinton donors
- Had a close relationship with James Comey, the fired FBI Director – posing a potential conflict of interest (see special counsel statute)
Was Robert Mueller the right person for special counsel job?
Jeannie Rhee – Special Counsel Investigation Team Member
- Donated $5,400 to Clinton campaign
- Defended the Clinton Foundation in a civil racketeering case
Can she be objective in investigating Trump given her history with the Clinton campaign and Clinton Foundation?
Summary of Some Apparent Bias and Potential Conflicts of Interest
This is just a quick list to help listeners and readers keep track of the players involved in the Trump campaign – Russian collusion investigation. To date, I’m not aware of any evidence of collusion coming to light between the Trump campaign and Russia.
Excitement Continues to Build for “More Great News for America”
A new book “More Great News for America” by Dr. Lameiro on President Trump, the Trump agenda, the Congressional elections, and key political developments is coming soon! Importantly, Dr. Lameiro’s new book will answer the question: How will the two political parties actually realign themselves in the next two years? It will be shocking to many observers. History is taking place right before our eyes. Get a front row seat by reading “More Great News for America.” Watch for more information.